Fabric!

Hooray! I finally got my fabric in for Harriet's gown!

Its first emergence from the box! SQUEEEE!!!!
It's little more teal in color than I was expecting, but it'll work beautifully, nontheless. I purchased this beauty from Nicole at silkfabric on Etsy. It is a silk velvet, very soft and light hand and is really just great. I love the sheen it has to it. 


This is a more accurate depiction of the color of the gown
Harriet Foster Carr Wedding Gown, 1888
Athens County Historical Society
Here is my fabric! As you can see, a little more teal, but almost spot on!
For the lining of the jacket, I purchased a Silk Dupioni in an Almond-Beige color from ThreadrareDestash ,also on Etsy. It's pretty similar to the original lining, but I may have to purchase more, as I entered the wrong amount on my original transaction... :(

Lining of jacket
Harriet Foster Carr's Wedding Gown, 1888
Athens County Historical Society
This is the picture from Etsy, I couldn't get a good picture of it myself
I'm excited to be working on the project in the coming weeks! It has to be done by Dec 17th!!!!

No comments: