And now back to the project: After a little bit of tweaking, I got the modesty panel to be just right... I had a really hard time getting the pretend chiffon to work properly... or how I wanted. I had to manually pin each gather where they were supposed to be, instead of the usual, gathering-thread-then-sew method. It was kind of a pain, but I managed.
It is lined with the same hospital sheets I used for my Regency petticoat. It was finished with a chiffon edge.
|Panel, not yet attached.|
|I don't think I've looked that attractive|
in a long time...
So, with the panel now done, I inserted it after the sleeves in; and here's what it looked like:
|On my clone.|
|On me and my late 1860's corset XD|