Bonnet Trouble

I have decided, on a whim, to make a bonnet. Crazy? yes. I have no pattern whatsoever.


To start with, I've had this a straw bonnet for some time, bought from a sutler. It originally had a ribbon and flower on it, but both were not very good quality so I took them off. So Yesterday, I decided to tear my bonnet apart, because it is NOT the right shape. I need one with some sort of spoon shape.



I managed to get the brim and crown apart. I also cut a section of the crown off to enable my hair to get through.

 Now I don't know where to go. :{

So, I don't have any appropriate fabric. haha. That's what I get for tearing something up on a whim. I think I'm going to buy some crushed taffeta (there's some on sale at Joanns). I believe I want some in Ivory or Bone, as it would go with more outfits. I'm not sure if I want to go with blue, black, or another color?

I have no clue what I'll do next, but we'll see where I get. :)  If you have any suggestions or fabric you want to get rid of, let me know!!!!!!!

No comments: