Star Wars Crochet

Recently, I've turned my attention to crocheting Star Wars themed projects. in August of last year I was surfing the internets and came across this I just had to make my own. Finally towards the end of winter break I started my project. I hit many many bumps on the road (I'd only been crocheting a month) I had no clue what I was doing for most of it. I just knew I would win. And I did.



My next project was an easy one. After finishing that monster of a project I didn't want to get into anything too deep, for sanity's sake! So, for the inspiration I remembered my High School Music teacher tell me that he'd like to see a Rebel Symbol scarf. I took on the challenge. I finished it not long ago.






Another friend, after seeing both these scarves, wasn't hesitant to say "You should make me something Admiral Ackbar, it doesn't have to be a scarf. Anything. It would be amazing!".... I thought long and hard on this one. I knew his birthday was coming up in May (I was starting in April), so I was working on limited time. I kept thinking of a scarf, but didn't know how it would turn out. Then one day when checking out patterns on Ravelry.com a bright idea popped into my head. ADMIRAL ACKBAR AMIGURUMI !!!!! So I started. Again, I'm new to crochet, had no clue what I was doing, but I knew I would somehow make it work. It took every bit of that month, painstaking 4 hours a day, everyday, of crocheting Admiral Ackbar....and the end result... priceless. And my friend was ecstatic.




My newest project is to be a Storm Trooper for my boyfriend and then a Boba Fett for my brother... The orders are stacking up! :)

1 comment:

The Dreamstress said...

That Admiral Ackbar amigurumi is amazing! I can't believe you just started crocheting!