Winter Break '08.... Ep I


Since my winter break has started I have tried to keep myself busy and productive. My intentions were noble and good, but before I had even begun my first project I was surprised with a peculiar present. I was presented in my waking with a puppy in the morning of November 22nd. Dad bought him for me and he is my only Christmas present, aside from socks. I have named him Virgil to keep with the Tombstone theme (we have a Wyatt Earp, Doc Holliday, and a Virgil Earp). He is my responsibility and my parents will help me none. It is I that must house train, groom, and pay for all his needs. I don't get more than 6 hours of sleep b/c he feels he must wake about 3 or 4 times a night. I have become a mother, of a dog.




With Virgil around it makes things a little difficult but I have managed to accomplish a few things...... First off, I have learned to Crochet. I am learning basic chains and stitches. My first (and only) project to date is a scarf. I have made a scarf for myself and and a matching scarf for Virgil. It's adorable.

My other project I have finished is a chemise. A chemise is a women's undershirt. It is to be a garment to keep the the outside clothing clean. I made one for my mom and one for me. I want to eventually be able to go Civil War Reenacting with my mom.



My next project will be to lengthen a skirt I got off of Ebay. It will hopefully be finished in about 2 or 3 days. Stay Tuned!

2 comments:

WildWeazel said...

Sounds like a pretty terrible Christmas present.

Amber said...

it is actually. one i'm stuck with for 13+ years