About Me



Who Am I?
I am Amber Mendenhall, a 21 year old college student who dreams of becoming a professional Costume Historian.... or something of that nature. I have a myriad of interests and am always hoping to learn a new skill. Currently, I am studying Historic Costume and American History at Ohio University, working closely with the Ohio University Theatre Department.

 What Do I Do? 
    I sew costumes, historical ones, mostly. I strive to make them as accurately as possible using the techniques of the time. 
    I am a crochet designer of hats, scarves, and other things. But, most specifically I design Star Wars Amigurumi and have so far created Yoda, General Grievous, Admiral Ackbar, Boba Fett and a Stormtrooper. I am currently working on Darth Maul and Chewbacca.
   I am a classical pianist. Piano and music has been a part of my life since I was a wee one. I have been playing piano for 14 years and it is my minor at Ohio University. I play classical piano such as Beethoven, Bach and Chopin but also accompany a local high school choir called the Tone Definites. Apart from piano I can play the penny whistle and some violin (and hopefully the bagpipes here soon!)
   I do 'homey' things. I have this affinity with the ultimate "housewife" persona. I bake, cook, wear pretty aprons, pride myself in being thrifty, watch Pride and Prejudice while shelling peas or stringing beans, etc. I strive to be a Happy Housewife in the years to come.
   I am a Star Wars Freak! Though I like 'homey' things, I really like Star Wars and other sci-fi and tend to incorporate those things in unorthodox ways.
    What Can I Do?
    My skills include:
    Sewing, Flat Patterning, Draping, Period Reconstruction, Hand-Stitchery, Leather Working, Fiber Glass, Mask Making, Distressing, Fabric Dye, Screen Printing, Batik, Silk Painting, Rendering, Crochet, Painting, Stamp Making....but the list is ever expanding! 

    How Can You Contact Me? 
     Friend me on Facebook 
    ....or ask me a question on Formspring
    or just comment on something you like!

    Thanks for checking out my blog!